Monday 20 January 2014

Big Garden Birdwatch - Alaska Style

Bald Eagle on the Christmas Tree


My friends Ken & Judy Marlow sent me some amazing pictures this week.  With our Big Garden Birdwatch coming up and nonsense of the threat of White-tailed Eagles in Scotland I thought I would share them with you.

Bald Eagle on the terrace with Moose looking on


The Marlows live in a fishing and birding lodge on the shores of the Kenai river.  Granddaughters insist they trim up a tree each yuletide complete with lights and attach food for birds including suet.  It is the latter which attracts the star bird.  If you think that Moose and Caribou are also wintering in the yard then the view from the windows must be exhilarating.


View from the lounge
Whatever you see this week I hope it equals this spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment