Wednesday 8 February 2012

My it is cold!

I went out because the sun was shining.  My car registered minus 3 degrees outside when I arrived at Burry Port Harbour.  I walked out to the lighthouse but despite the bright sunlight it was really biting cold with a strong wind off the estuary.  There was a group of 12 Brent Geese feeding on the rocks and very tame perhaps because of their hunger and the weather.  My hands got so cold taking pictures that I retreated fast to the car.  I quickly poured a cup of coffee really just to warm my hands.

Brent Goose on beautifully patterned sand at Burry Port

Brent Geese grazing on the rocks at Burry Port Harbour
I retreated to Kidwelly Quay where it was slightly milder.  Not much about except a Greenshank and 3 Chiffchaffs and a Grey Wagtail at the sewerage works.  the Long-billed Dowitcher was still upstream from the railway bridge.  Stopping at Dryslwyn on my way home I counted 31 Whooper Swans my best so far this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment