Saturday 8 October 2011

Dipping out Big Time in Suffolk

I was in East Anglia Friday to attend the Annual Dinner of my old cricket club at Boxted.  It therefore seemed a good idea on Friday morning to go up to Boyton and add Sandhill Crane to my Suffolk and UK List.  I arrived at 11.15am only to be told that it left at 10.25am.  Unlike previous days it did not return.



A Sandhill Crane photographed in Alaska

As something of a compensation I called in at Levington Creek and Lagoon a  Suffiolk Wildlife Trust reserve that I had been connected with in the past.  The sun was out and the birds great.  At least 50 Golden Plovers and a smaller number of Grey Plovers, a couple of Black-tailed Godwits, 18 Avocets, 2 Sandwich Terns and 3 Little Egrets were highlights. Of course I should mention that a Dotterel a scarce bird in Suffolk had been seen here in recent days.  The tide was very low and of course I could not find it.


Dotterel photographed in Pembrokeshire

Serves me right I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment