Tuesday 5 July 2011

Back to France

Back to France and sunshine tomorrow so posts from there for three weeks.

My son and his family will be with us so the grandchildren and I will be busy.



Clouded Yellow

We aim to do some work establishing just how many butterfly species we have on our adjoining gardens.  I have managed to identify over 40 species so far but we have concentrated on the obvious.  Now we need to find out what browns and blues we have.


Southern White Admiral

It will be hot and birds keeping a low profile.  One species I am anxious to find as I have not seen it in France is Lesser Grey Shrike.  A few pairs nest in the region but they may have started dispersing already.  Early migration may be underway with Black Kites and Bee-eaters on the move in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment