Wednesday 9 March 2011

Return from India

Home at last!  An exhausting two weeks travelling through 5 major cities and two national parks.

Lots of birds and mammals and two cricket matches in the World Cup.  The latter included the incredible tie between India and England.


Wildlife watching was also very exciting.  We managed two Tiger sightings in Tadoba National Park but no opportunity for photographs.  We did get pictures of the massive Gaurs coming to drink.  The usual gorgeous Green Bee-eaters and Indian Rollers everywhere.








In the Sundabans we enjoyed staying in a village being looked after by local people and finding many kingfishers including the local Brown-winged Kingfisher.

I am currently in a state of anxiety as I seem to have taken 717 images on a 8GB Sandisk compact flash card which has become corrupted and so far cannot access the photos.  Any ideas anyone?

I am sure I will get it sorted.

To add a little more stress my wallet with all its contents was cut out of my pocket at the cricket match.

No worries then!

1 comment:

  1. Nice trip, Derek. I think we should go back and try and find the pickpocket. Are there a lot of people in India?

    I'll ask my friends at the local camera shop about the Sandisk.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete