Monday 10 January 2011

Etang de Capestang again

A gorgeous day today so I headed back to Etang de Capestang to try and get some better pictures of Penduline Tits.

There were less species than on previous visits and only three Penduline Tits found.  I did get better light on them but they kept in a tamarisk bush and annoying shadows spoiled my efforts.



There were up to six Marsh Harriers displaying in the clear skies and three Great White Egrets were on the marsh.  Water Rails were calling everywhere and I managed to see 7 albeit very briefly on each occasion.  As I made my way back to the car a ringtail Hen Harrier was hunting the area.



Good News!  The Cricket and Tigers tour is on in February so I will get to India again but this time to watch Australia v New Zealand and India v England in the World Cup.  We will also visit Tadoba National Park and the Sundabans as well.  Not only Tigers, Gaur and Sloth Bears but loads of birds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment