Saturday 27 November 2010

Snow Keeps me close to Home

From 8.30am I was in need of some hard exercise.  I had seen the cricket news of the dismal England performance against Australia and there was so much snow on my sloping drive I needed to take out my anger in getting it cleared.  This I achieved with a lone Raven croaking overhead for company.

I filled up the bird feeders and was immediately rewarded by hordes of visitors but nothing unusual.

I slipped literally down to Llandeilo to attend the AGM of the Wildllife Trust of South & West Wales which was surprisingly well attended given the dreadful weather.

For the second time in a little over a week I was extremely impressed by hearing from Steve Sutcliffe about the herculean efforts of volunteers working on the infrastructure of Skokholm, so that visitors might once again visit that extraordinary island.  Visitors will again be welcome from May 2011.



This what the Wildlife Trusts are all about and such activity bonds people together and produces a great feeling of achievement.  To get the whole show on the road some effort is still needed as well as some more funds.  If you want to volunteer to help finish off the work or you can help in providing finances then email Steve at stevesutcliffe@lineone.net.  For example £1,000 would fit out a room for visitors.

It will be great to visit Skokholm again now safe in the ownership of WTSWW and experience the subtle differences from its neighbour Skomer.  Not to mention the wonderful seabirds and marine mammals.  Just writing this has cheered me up on a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment