Friday 12 November 2010

Cricket, Tigers and Birds

What a dreadful day weatherwise today was.  I only ventured out to get logs for the woodburner.

I made my first trip to India earlier this year and now I am delighted to have been asked to head up a tour back there early next year.  This will be a tour encompassing two of my great loves wildlife and cricket.



The tour is being run by Indian Wildlife Tours and runs from February 21st to March 5th.  There will be ample time for birding and looking for mammals like Tigers as well as taking in the matches Australia v New Zealand in Nagpur and also India v England in Kolkata.



Towards the end of the trip we spend some time in the Sunderbans holding the largest number of Tigers in India.  This extensive wetland offers the very slight chance of a Spoon-billed Sandpiper with Asiatic Dowitcher and Great Knot a bit more likely.

If anyone is interested let me know or go to the website http://www.indianwildlifetours.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment